Explore the attractions of Costa Rica
Explore the attractions of Costa Rica
Enchanting, adventurous, progressive, and spectacularly natural. Costa Rica seems to have it all figured out. Its ‘Peace with Nature’ initiative is committed to sustainable tourism and making Costa Rica carbon neutral. It welcomes all walks of life from everywhere in the world, so whether you are an explorer, nature lover, into extreme sports or just want to relax, Costa Rica has something for you. The country may be small, but it’s booming with activities and something new around every corner.
The locals call themselves “Ticos” and officially speak Spanish, but English is spoken in most places by “the friendliest people in Latin America.” They live by the saying, “Pura Vida” or “life is good,” and its no wonder considering that Costa Rica has no military, and instead focuses is attention on education, healthcare, its stable economy, renewable energy and preserving its natural beauty. Costa Rica is extraordinarily biodiverse, and with its wildlife, natural attractions, and reputation for conservation, its 12 ecosystems contain one of the richest concentrations of fauna and flora found on the planet.
With a temperate climate that makes it easy to get out and enjoy the natural wonders of the country all year, it is easy to see why it’s known as the jewel of Latin America.
When to Come
Everyday is a good day in Costa Ballena Costa Rica!
We are blessed with activities and adventures all year round. Costa Ballena’s forests are green all year round and temperatures are tropical and warm throughout. There are no weather stations on the coast, so weather can be hard to predict in our area. Our coast line has many micro climates. It can be raining in one place and sunny just around the corner. Costa Rica has two main seasons. Green season between May and November and Summer Season between December and April. On average Costa Ballena remains a steady 80 degrees during the day and cools to 75 degrees at night throughout the year. You can expect up to 10 degrees cooler at our Luxury Homes as they are 2,000ft above the sea.
Green Season is a wonderful time in Costa Ballena. The waterfalls are flowing, the rivers are perfect for rafting, the surf is good, and the weather is cool. Our jungle cloud mountains are always vibrant, but in Green Season the rainforest explodes with intense colors and life. The Green Season is our favorite time of the year. You will have sunny days to enjoy the beach or tours and showers of warm tropical rain in the evenings cooling the climate for dinner. The Rainforest is teaming with life and the flora boasts brilliant shades of greens. Daily it may rain 30 minutes, all night, or not at all. October is our rainiest month. There are many days with sun, but it will likely rain daily. If you come in October expect rain. It is a wonderful time in Costa Ballena with less tourists and more time to relax on the terrace enjoying the forest and the ocean views while reading a book or taking a well deserved nap. October is the height of our 7 month whales season. You can enjoy watching the whale dance in the bay from the beach just steps from Elan.
Summer Season brings clear blue skies and perfect sunsets. The Costa Rican summer lines up perfectly with North America’s winter making it the place to escape the cold! You will have endless beautiful full days to enjoy adventures and tours. Everything dries and the beach sands return to powder.
Through initiatives like the nursery at Élan at Ballena, the reach our strategic planning has extended to the beautification efforts of surrounding communities outside of its development zones, including the town of Uvita. Élan also donated 100 trees to Marino Ballena National Park earlier this year in conjunction with the reforestation efforts of Costa Rica’s Ministry of Environment, Energy and Telecommunications (MINAE). The donation will not only enhance the region’s overall regeneration process, but the 100 Mountain Almond trees form an important part of the natural habitat of the endangered great green macaw.
- We have dedicated preserve area within the development so not to disturb the existing ecosystem.
- All canopy remains intact and we are enhancing with our reforestation program.
- We are planting native fruiting species to bring back wildlife to our area.
- We have a nursery of over 25,000 plants and 2,000 native trees which are donated to the park system when mature enough to plant.
- Since the beginning of our reforestation program we have seen a steady increase in wildlife species and quantity.
- Elan designed all structures to work with the natural surroundings integrating trees and land formations into the deigns.
- The cascading pools and decks are elevated above the roots systems of the jungle floor to reduce the impact. The pools are formed around the existing trees to incorporate them into the design and bring the wildlife experience to our residence and guest in a natural way.
- We are dedicated to maintain and enhancing our arboreal wildlife. This allows us to bring the nature right up to our homes for an experience like to other.
- We have planted species of trees and plants to bring back many different species scarcely seen in our are before we begin our programs